1. What, if any, athletic experiences did you have prior to starting CrossFit?
I played volleyball my sophomore year of high school, and I rode horses (English/Hunter/Jumper) ages 11-17, which I miss and should really get back into! But as far as a routine workout type of exercise….never ever.
2. When did you start working out at Seaward?
3. What keeps you coming back?
The #teamseaward family! Within the walls of the gym the people truly make it a “home” for me. The coaching is world class which makes all the difference to me (even though I terribly miss the Bennington’s). And not to mention I love lifting weights so…I’ll always keep coming back for that.
4. Was this you first experience doing CrossFit?
Yes! Had been watching the Games for years and always wanted to try, but never made it a reality until Seaward.
5. If you could write a WOD what would it be?
For Time: 20 deadlifts, 20 pullups, 20 Squat Cleans, 20 Bench Press and 200m run.
6. What are some of your goals, fitness, or personal?
Fitness: Still trying to hit my initial goal when I started at Seaward of losing 50lbs. I’m within 10 lbs! Personal: Live happier and healthier, make better choices. Find someone to go on dates with downtown!
7. Any PRs you’re proud of?
Honestly this is a HUGE PR for me and that’s comfortably wearing a bikini in public! Well maybe not totally comfortable, but I have NEVER been able to do that in my entire life. And almost in the 300lb. club for deadlifting, Lol.
8. List any improvements you have noticed in your life since starting CF?
Everything. I eat better, sleep better, feel better, look better, clothes fit better. Literally in the best mental place I’ve ever been. Definitely the truth when saying is has to be a “lifestyle” change. This isn’t a fad or a diet for me. This is a lifetime commitment.
9. What’s your favorite meal (cheat meal is fine!)?
Baked Potato with Butter and Sour Cream!
10. What would you tell a friend contemplating CF?
DO IT! I don’t want to hear “I need to get in shape first” or “CrossFit is a Cult”, HA! I’ve heard that so many times. I think the biggest misconception is how much everything can be scaled so EVERYONE can do it. It’s the most rewarding life decision you can ever make. At least it was for me.