1. What, if any, athletic experiences did you have prior to starting CrossFit?
I did a lot of running during my 30’s & 40’s, mostly 10k’s. I’ve played tennis and golf for 25 yrs.
2. When did you start working out at Seaward?
3. What keeps you coming back?
My daughter monitors my workouts, she holds me accountable. No seriously I come back because I love it. It’s part of my plan to keep living a healthy lifestyle. I workout, meditate, make healthy food choices. I try to eat organic as much as possible, I buy food at the Farmers Market, Whole Foods, Lucky’s & Detweilers. To relieve stress besides meditation & CF, I connect with the energy of the earth everyday. I walk barefoot in grass, sand or stone. This is a great way of grounding.
4. Was this you first experience doing CrossFit?
No, I was a co-owner of CF West Virginia for 6 years before moving to Sarasota. My daughter still owns it with another partner.
5. If you could write a WOD what would it be?
I love any WOD that has back squats, front squats and deadlifts.
6. What are some of your goals, fitness, or personal?
To keep doing what I love. I research a lot thanks to my Son & Daughter-in-law. I’m provided with the latest articles in healthy living. By staying strong and fit I hope to show others that even as you age you can maintain your health. I’m one of the oldest members at Seaward but I’m treated exactly like all others.
7. Any PRs you’re proud of?
165 lb. deadlift
8. List any improvements you have noticed in your life since starting CF?
CF changed my life completely. My endurance and strength improved and I reversed a diagnosis of Osteopenia. I even reversed it by building more bone mass.
9. What’s your favorite meal (cheat meal is fine!)?
Steak, FF, veggies and a big chocolate dessert. A glass of wine also.
10. What would you tell a friend contemplating CF?
Please try it, it will change you in many ways. Anyone can do CF, it’s not just for athletes and younger people. It’s never to late to start.