1. What, if any, athletic experiences did you have prior to starting CrossFit?
I didn’t have any athletic experience. I tried working out at a gym or running but I never enjoyed it which never made it consistent.
2. When did you start working out at Seaward?
I began working out at Seaward in fall of 2016.
3. What keeps you coming back?
Seaward has the best coaching I’ve ever experienced at a Crossfit gym. I have gained so much strength and improved my technique and form greatly. Seaward is small enough for coaches to keep eye on everyone’s form and critique it constantly. The community is amazing. It is my favorite part of the day!
4. Was this you first experience doing CrossFit?
I started at a local gym in Illinois while I was attending college. I started from the ground up. I had absolutely no strength at the beginning.
5. If you could write a WOD what would it be?
10 Squat Cleans 95/135
10 Hang Squat Cleans
10 Power Cleans
50 Sit Ups
50 Double Unders
6. What are some of your goals, fitness, or personal?
My current goals are to get better at muscle ups, eventually get handstand walks and lift heavier.
7. Any PRs you’re proud of?
This week I was able to back squat 260lbs! I was happy to get past the 250.
8. List any improvements you have noticed in your life since starting CF?
I never was confident in my body or what my body could accomplish growing up. Now I am so confident in what I can do, not just what I look like. I’ve found myself excited to try new activities instead of being afraid of failure. It has changed my life completely.
9. What’s your favorite meal (cheat meal is fine!)?
Donuts, cookies, bundt cakes, ice cream, pies, etc. I’m all about desserts!
10. What would you tell a friend contemplating CF
I always tell someone interested to try crossfit for at least 4 weeks before deciding if it is for you. It is easy to start out and feel like it’s too hard. You almost have to force yourself for a little bit before you get hooked. At least that is how it was for me.