1. What, if any, athletic experiences did you have prior to starting CrossFit?
I’ve worked out for 26 years. Mostly free weights and cardio. I actually wrestled in high school and did a bodybuilding show in my early 20’s.
2. When did you start working out at Seaward?
September of 2016
3. What keeps you coming back?
Challenging workouts, great coaches and an amazing community of positive people to work out with. I really enjoy seeing my friends here.
4. Was this you first experience doing CrossFit?
Yes it was. Though I had prior weightlifting experience, it was nothing like CF.
5. If you could write a WOD what would it be?
Run 800 meters
20 box jumps
Run 600 meters
30 push ups
Run 400 meters
40 double unders
Run 200 meters
6. What are some of your goals, fitness, or personal?
I’ve always wanted to run a marathon and just signed up for my first one in December. I also want to be able to do kipping pull ups.
7. Any PRs you’re proud of?
I took 48 seconds off my last 10k. Since starting my personal training program with Zac I have also hit PR’s on deadlifts and back squats.
8. List any improvements you have noticed in your life since starting CF?
Strength for sure with the CF programming. Personal training with Zac has increased both my strength and my running speed. Prior to CF I did lift weights regularly but mostly weights I got comfortable with. CF has pushed to me lift more weight than I ever would have on my own.
9. What’s your favorite meal (cheat meal is fine!)?
The Impossible Burger with fries. I eat that EVERY chance I get!
10. What would you tell a friend contemplating CF
Don’t let CF intimidate you. There’s a level for everyone, it’s very safe and the members are extremely encouraging and helpful. Oh, and make sure you come to Seaward. It’s the best CF gym!